Saturday, December 19, 2009

What was life like for you as a 17 year old got any advice for me?

I probably should answer this, but as a person with 2 cousins in their late teens I learn much. As a 17 year old, I would probably feel depressed, and stressed. At this age, you have much freedom. The freedom to do your own actions. The freedom of being free, the freedom of driving a car. Responsibility takes a role much stronger on you. Drugs and liquor are not only unhealhy but makes a negative change towards your entire life. You would not be the peron you used to be. So does cigars and cocaine, also called crack and snuff. This is also the age where many start to go out on a date and fall in love. Love is a very emotional progress. Some have even been suicidal. There will always be another person that steps into your life if one leaves. So basically you just need to be alert and in control and got to college. I pray for your peace and guidance as you walk your way and trail of life.What was life like for you as a 17 year old got any advice for me?
Well, when I was 17, I was confused, lonely, without real direction or close friends, and just trying to find someplace to fit in. I'm 43 now, and the one thing I'd like to impress on you most is that it really does get better as you get older. You'll gain more of a sense of who you are and what direction you want to take. There are friends and lovers out there who you haven't met yet, but one day you will. Some will be temporary, and others will be around for a very long time.


It's wise to listen more than you speak--you'll learn more that way. I think you show some excellent insight just by asking this question--I'm not sure I would have been so open to advice when I was your age.


It's a very big world out there, and there is so much to see and to learn about. Open your eyes, your mind and your spirit and experience as much as you can! You're young now, but it won't be that way forever. Even so, as I say all the time, there's only one deadline, and that's the final one, the day each of us assumes room temperature. Until that time, as long as you have your mind and a reasonably intact body, you can do anything, learn anything and become anything you like!


An excellent question. I wish you great success in finding your path.What was life like for you as a 17 year old got any advice for me?
i followed these self imposed rules, i worked hard at school and work so that i could enjoy life now...





-get all your hard work done in your early years and enjoy life when your older.


-avoid having a girlfriend unless you can afford one


-avoid sex unless you got the protection


-save your money 60% to savings 40% spending money


-avoid DRUGS that crap with hurt you badly


-avoid crackheads
No matter what put money aside for your future NOW!!! When I was 17 I wish I would of done that. Life would of been easier for me as I am now 25 and have a wife and kid and think of all that money I blew and how much I could of saved since I was living rent free at home. But save up some money for when you move out. You will have money for rent deposits, to buy food, furniture and backup money.
Always be optamistick .. listen to your parents .. they might seem as the enimies sometimes but they care the most about you





think of your future and don't hang out with people who'll pull you back then forward ..


have fun in life .. and treat people the way you want them to treat you .. :)





oh yah .. and smile :)
apply for scholarships and a decent college... and when i say scholarships, i mean ALOT of em

No comments:

Post a Comment