Sunday, December 27, 2009

Total Life Crisis...I Need Advice!?

Ok, I'm a 13-year-old dude. I have a lot of different friends. There's this one group of 4 girls that I am friends with. They're ';scene'; (Emo, but without the cutting and depression). They're trying to get me to be scene too. They have me listen to they're music like Panic! At the Disco, MCR, etc. I like some of it but most of it is too screamo. Then I have this other friend-who-is-a-girl and she's cool but whenever I mention the other 4 around her she's like, ';Mike they're making you Emo!'; She obviously doesn't like them. I also have guy friends who aren't friends with any of those girls. I always feel like my friends hate each other and I'm caught in the middle. I can't agree with them when they dis each other. Part of me wants to be scene like the girls. Part of me wants to think that scene is stupid. Part of me wants to be a real dude and dis all girls. I also am ';prude.'; I'm not popular but I'm aquaintences with the popular kids as well so all of my friends hate ach other. I am very confused on whom to be. Is this a regular part of being a teenager?Total Life Crisis...I Need Advice!?
YES.





Yes, this is a regular part of being a teenager.





Lol. I went through so many phases since freshman year.... punk/harajuku, grunge, emo skater, indie... It was insane. I'm still going through phases now...





It gets really hard. To the point where I can't buy a sweater without mulling over whether I really like it or not; if I would wear it for weeks. And that's called trying to figure out who YOU are. It's nuts so I hear you.





Okay. First off, don't ';be a real dude and dis the girls';. They're your friends and if you're really their friend, you wouldn't dis them. And secondly... Well, you don't have to be ';scene'; to like P!ATD and MCR.





It sucks to be caught between friends. I get that too. One half are very fashion-concious and the other not so much. But you know? Screw that. Just do what you like because afterall, everything you do in the end is really just for you. Who are you trying to impress? Do what makes you happy. If you wanna wear tight pants and style your hair and listen to screamo, do that. If you want to stay the way you are and listen to screamo, fine. If you don't want to do anything, then don't. Because it's okay. Friends who won't let you be yourself aren't really your friends.





I learned that and I think you should too. Your friends will accept you for who you are. Not what you wear and look like. You're going to make mistakes and you're going to change no matter what - that's the only consistent thing in life, change - so just go with it. Do what you feel like doing now and think about it later. Maybe you'll regret it. Maybe you won't. You're not gunna know if you don't go try.Total Life Crisis...I Need Advice!?
Thanks for the Best Answer. :] Report Abuse

Yes this is a part of being a teenager it's called peer pressure. This is my advice to you, be yourself! Don't allow anyone to tell you what music to listen to or stereo type you in any way.If they are your friend they will like you however you are. You need to find yourself and stop falling into whatever trend your friends want you to. Be your own person! Believe me they will respect you more for it.
Hey Michael. It's Greg. I have no idea what emo means, but you should do your best and be yourself. If you lose some friends, so what? Make new ones. You shouldn't be friends with Sophie. She's a slut. You should just be your modest self.
Be yourself- be friends with all of them.


Im friends with different people from different groups- it helped me because I got in a fight with one of my ';Friends';(she was a really stuck up b****).And I had another group to go to.
BE YOURSELF!


That is the only way people will like ou for you! =]
sounds like your trying to make all your friends happy. don't do that concrete on making yourself happy %26amp; noone else!
i know exactly how u feel the same thing is happening to me half my friends r the so called ';punks and emos'; and my other friends r the so called ';ghetto kids'; so its really hard cuz ur caught in between especially when one of ur friends talks about another one so i cant really give u advice since i kinda need some myself but one thing i know is that u have to just be urself if others wanna label u as whatever just brush it off your shoulder and try to tell your friends how just cuz you dont like your other friends thats not your fault and you dont wanna hear it anymore
Don't try and be anyone but yourself.





Dress the way YOU want to dress.





Listen to the music YOU want to listen to.





Do the things YOU want to do.





And there is nothing wrong with spreading your love between all groups of friends, i'm 21 and most of my friends don't like each other, some of them don't even know each other, but the ones that matter to me don't care about that and i don't care either, i share my time equally with them all.





Don't give into peer pressure, especially don't become an emo and just follow the crowd (whether u r a cutter or not).
Again, teenage angst. Can't or don't you talk with your parents? You need to discuss these things with them so they can give you proper guidance. They have the answers from their own experiences.





You will feel confused about who you want to be for some time still. Do what you know is right. Do you really think it is right to be a '; dark sort of happy teen'; ? I don't know what Emo is but this is how I have read often that you describe them.





Be happy and be a happy person. God gave us this beautiful earth to live on and this wonderful life to live. Enjoy yours. Smile and accept the sunshine or appreciate the storms.


Try to be friends with everyone. You don't have to be like them to be friends. Be yourself, be the person you want to be.





Teen age peer pressure is strong. The desire to fit in is real and will carry on to later in life. Determine who you are and others will want to fit in with you. Don't be a follower if you can be a leader. This time in your life is only temporary and won't matter much when you are a successful adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment