Sunday, December 27, 2009

Advice on my life (facebook and Aim)?

Two months ago, I deactivated my facebook account and got rid of the AIM program on my laptop. I restricted myself from going onto these devices in order to avoid a guy. I know that sounds childish, but I was in a dark place - I had a panic attack and a nervous breakdown, becoming emotionally vulnerable. A guy, Kevin*, I cared about told me that he liked me but could not be in a relationship with me. He wanted to ';have fun'; since he did not experience in high school and in college ( he got out of a 5 year relationship 6 months prior). In addition, he lived 2 hours away from me so there was also the distance issue. I understood since guys want to ';have fun'; and that he could not commit to a long distance relationship. At first I was disappointed, but later I gradually accepted that he and I could be friends. Through facebook I found out he had acquired a girlfriend. I was very confused to why he told me those things and/or the fact he could've been honest with me ( I understand no one wants to hurt one another). I did not want to see photos of him, his status updates, or even speak to him via text or phone. I even deleted his number from my cell phone to avoid calling or texting him (since I used to a lot). Kevin texted me a couple of weeks ago to ';check up on me';, but I did not return his message. He's told my sister '; tell your sister I said hi.';





Now I'm better. I'm no longer in that dark place. I can accept that God put people in our lives to make us better stronger human beings and to make us the people we are today.





The question is: should I go back to facebook/aim? We live in a society where networking sites are the newest form of communication. I've missed out on events because I did not have a facebook. I'm no longer in contact with some of my friends ( old and new) because I do not have a facebook. I want to go back to my life the way it used to be, but I do not want to speak to him nor do I want to see his messages. A friend of mine suggested that I block/delete him...but I think its a bit much. What do you suggest I do?Advice on my life (facebook and Aim)?
First- being in a relationship where you both are more than 30 minutes outside of each other is hard. Those only work when two people really, really really like each other.





Second - When a guy tells you he wants to have fun, he means that he wants to date multiple women at the same time, sleep around, be free and not have to deal with the responsibilities that relationships need. At the same time he's also saying ';your great, but you don't sweep me off my feet.'; Which I know sounds harsh, but in the dating world it just happens. On the other hand for him to turn you down makes him SUCK because you are more than likely an AWESOME PERSON!! But be careful, him saying he wants to ';check up on you'; means he wants to keep you as a backup in case his current relationshit doesn't work out. But your not a backup are you? Your better than that, because you'll find somebody that will be on their hands and knees for you. Trust me, he's out there.





lastly- of course you should bring back facebook and aim. You can't let him control your life like that. YOU are in charge of YOU. Bring it back up and put up some good looking pics for him to hate his life for turning you down.Advice on my life (facebook and Aim)?
Get a fb and don't add him. Its quite simple really....
Well, the one point is, it is YOUR choice. But in my opinion, yes, you can and might go back to those social networks. You could ignore him, tell him how you feel, if you want to continue being friends or not, or confront him about things.





I don't speak for males as a mass, even though I am one myself, but I have been through hell and back with relationships, and guy's can be difficult at times. (I know I'm prob going to get criticized for that.)





If he wants to ';have fun'; it is also his way of saying that he doesnt want any commitment.





You could block/delete him, but if he is left in the dark he will still try most likely. The best thing you can do to avoid him is just talk to him on facebook and make it blunt and obvious that you do not wish to speak to him anymore, I mean, from what I read, he kinda screwed any chance he may have had. If worse does come to worse you can threaten with a harassment suite.

No comments:

Post a Comment