Sunday, December 27, 2009

Advice on restarting life after an emotionally abusive relationship?

I am 21 and had a very emotionally abusive ex that I dated for 3 years. This guy was gorgeous and charming but when the real him came out he was a insecure liar who had no job, fails out of school, and has to rely on his dad to support him. I on the other hand have a great job, completely support myself, and go very well in school. I finally said enough was enough and got out after the worst year of my life of being lead on, lied to, and put down. I really have to restart my life now and need some advice on how to do it or some stories to make me hopefully I will love again. I have days where all I want to do it give up and go back to my ex but I'm trying to hold it together. Help!?Advice on restarting life after an emotionally abusive relationship?
Stay Strong. Your intuition is what you want to listen to at this point. You've seen the bad part of a relationship. Stay open so you can see the good. Your intuition will let you know if you're going down the wrong path in the future. Listen to that small voice.


You will love again. It's what is in you or you wouldn't be asking. Don't look backwards. It's ok to love, even if it's the wrong person for you. But know to love at a distance if they are wrong for you.


Good Luck, you can make your own destiny. It's worth the effort. Stay calm and don't make your focus ';hard'; on the prize. Enjoy it all.Advice on restarting life after an emotionally abusive relationship?
Nah, don't go back to him.





You've already done the most difficult step by getting rid of him. Now just stay away.





Remember if you go back to him nothing will change, if things didn't workoout the first time, what makes you think that it would the second time?





I've learned that the key to be happy with someone is being happy with yourself first!





Remember that, and take sometime for you ;)
First of all...never ever go back to that ex! It'll only get worse and you deserve better.


Don't worry about loving again....that will happen on it's own. In the meantime, you can get counseling or just throw yourself into your work or school. Make plans for the future that do not include that ex.

No comments:

Post a Comment