Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Any older fathers (or mothers) want to give advice on having children later in life?

I'm 48 and we are going to try to have a child this year (my wife is younger) and while I think I will be a good father, I am a little concerned about being an older father. Any advice or experiences to share?Any older fathers (or mothers) want to give advice on having children later in life?
At 48 you have more patience, are more responsible, and have less financial and career pressures- great time to be a dad- congrats. People live well into the 80's now a days, and if you stay active, why would there be a problem? ENJOY!!!Any older fathers (or mothers) want to give advice on having children later in life?
Just don't worry about it. These days, men are just so healthy and active, that 50 is what 35 or 40 used to be a generation ago! My dad had his sixth child at 51 (I was the fifth at 41).


My husband was 40 when we had our child, I was 30. He's been the most wonderful father. Even now, that he's 56, I could totally even see him being a dad to a young one again (but that's not going to happen.).


A child will keep you young, busy and engaged in activity. Be willing to share the love you have.


Good luck. Baby dust to your wife!
good luck


my dad was 48 when i was born and he only got to see me until i was 12 and then he died.


my mom was 18 and she is still in mylife
you are not that old to be a new father
Both my parents were in their 40's when I was born. At that age, you have an established career and have more time and appreciation to give your child. I think you'll be a great father.
Kids with older parents are usually little geniuses and wise beyond belief.
Hey Tommy,





I am 35 weeks pregnant and I just hit 40! I have a 10 yr old already, and I am thankful to have the many years difference so that I can care for them on their different age levels


It is wonderful to be a mom again at this age, I had not thought that I would be again, but the Lord has blessed me.


I do not think that you are so old as to start a family!


My friend Amy is 44, and then my other friend Beth...is 52 and this is Amy's 2nd and Beth's 1st!


So, enjoy your new life as a family, no stress needed!


Think of all of the little blessings and laughter you will have in store!





Love,


MWWOLF
No worries my friend, you will love that baby and vice versa no matter the age. I personally think later in life is the best idea. Your life is more settled and you have so much life experience under your belt. You will be an amazing father.. so you have that baby and you enjoy every single minute of it.
It is a good thing. I had my chidlren when I was 21 and 24. At 35 I had a 5 month old. Yes 10 years later. Now I realize I don't think I appreciated the other 2 as much. I did not realize what I was missing out on. The 3rd one later on in life was the best. You cherish the moments and time and you are older and wiser. It is the best thing ever. GOOD LUCK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment