Sunday, December 27, 2009

My life is ruined? Need advice to get life back together?

Let me just state that this question is not in any way a joke. It is very real.





I am 17 years old, and have been out of school for over 6 years. I am a 5th grade drop out. My parents were supposed to homeschool me, but never got around to helping me start. In the meantime, I have done nothing but use the internet since. (This is how I've learned to develop my writing.)





I do not go out at all. I have been stuck in here for years. I don't even know reality anymore. There have been occasions where I have been able to go out, but that's not enough. I daydream a lot and drive myself crazy with my obsessive thoughts. I seriously believe I may be developing a mental illness. There are times where I sit and think/daydream, and I get really confused. I am also very depressed at times, and think about killing myself everyday.








My mother bought me 2 GED books earlier this year to study with, cause I wanted to see if I could get my GED. I am pretty good in most subjects, but I do not know the Math at all. They do not give the techniques to learn the math in the book; they just give practice tests. I have asked her to find a tutor for the math, but she cannot find a tutor that teaches High school math. So I'm pretty much stuck here.





Also, there are times where I am too unmotivated to sit down and do anything, so this takes days to complete. I'm a big procrastinator. It has been 2/3 of a year since I've been seeking a GED and I feel like I've gone nowhere. It's not that I'm purposely lazy, it's just that I am never in the mood to do it.








I still do not know how to drive. I complain that I want to learn how to drive, but my parents say they do not have enough money to get me classes. My dad is unemployed, so we're only dependent on my mom. My parents have hardly ever dealt with me my whole life. I have only learned to tie when I was in 3rd grade; and still do not know how to ride a bike. I do not even know how to fix up my hair or do any of that stuff that normal people find simple.





I have never worked in my life; so I do not have work experience. I'm pretty sure if I ever got a job, I'd be fired within a week. I am also a socially awkward person, and do not believe I'd ever be able to pass a job interview.





My life seems pretty ruined now, and I do not know what to do. I don't know how to fix it. Time seems to be going by too fast. What should I do? Am I doomed? Should I just kill myself?My life is ruined? Need advice to get life back together?
This story is pretty elaborate so I don't really think you made it up. I don't understand how you were able to drop out at 5th grade and I don't know why the state (or whoever) didn't check on you to make sure you were being home schooled (where I live, you have to send papers and other things in when you're home schooled.)


Regardless of the reason behind everything, your main goal needs to be getting that GED. If you don't get your GED, there's a strong possibility that you won't be able to get a professional job later on in life. As of now, I'm sure you could work at a restaurant or store or somewhere a high school education or GED isn't required. For a long time I thought I'd never be able to pass an interview but the truth is, if they think you have the potential to be a good worker, they'll higher you. So don't worry about that. If one job doesn't higher you, it's no big deal, try somewhere else. But like I said before, IF you don't need to get a job right now and you REALLY want to get a GED, then YOU CAN DO IT. I don't want to sound cheesy right now but the following statements are 100% true for you.


1)Death IS NOT AND OPTION


2) If you believe in yourself %26amp; believe that God can help you through it, you can do anything.


3) You're NOT a failure and life ISN'T ruined just because you're not educated.





A lack of education doesn't mean you can't %26amp; won't have wonderful family, learn to drive, %26amp; be successful.


Life is still good! BEST WISHES! :)





(Plus, you're ONLY 17! You're still a kid as far as I'm concerned. you have PLENTY of time to learn and do anything you set your mind to.)My life is ruined? Need advice to get life back together?
Go back to school, and remember that no matter how hard life gets, keep on going.
I think this sounds like a bunch of crap, and I dont know why I wasted my time reading it. If this is true your parents are horrible, who lets their kid drop out of school in 5th grade. I think if this is true you need to get a grip on your life and do what you need to do
The only one who can fix this is you. Since it seems like your parents aren't going to deal with it, you have to. You seem to be very good at writing. That's a good start.


You have so many years ahead of you. You should most definitely not kill yourself. You have tons of potential. Don't waste it.





If you want to, you can do anything. Society is waiting for you. So what are you waiting for? Get out there and do something. More and more time is passing, and as you get older, it will be harder to learn. Your brain is still growing, so get learning and you will be so happy that you did. Living in the real world is a scary, exiting, wonderful thing, and you wont regret anything. You can do it!


There are tons of people out there willing to help you... I'm only thirteen and I'd be willing to help you any way a 13 year old can. Life is very different than the TV says.





Good luck :)
My Lord. Bless your heart. My life has screwed me over some many times but not as bad as you apparently. First of all, DON'T KILL YOURSELF. God didn't put you here for that. Second, if you are going through all this now then something is about to happen that will change your life. Third, pray.



no dont kill yourself and why dont u just go back to school.ur not too late and then you could make some friends.:D
Look you need to get a job (nothing to awesome just Jack in the Box or something) save your money and get the hell out of your parents house! Those are the people who made you like you are now and if you stay theyll dragg you down further there is no piont to mope about it get your self into gear ask a familly membore to tutor you for your GED and everything will be fine!
Well, I wouldn't say your life is RUINED. You don't exactly need classes to learn how to drive either. You can read books on it and ask your parents to help teach you or a neighbor or friend. Don't kill yourself. I see that as taking the easy way out of your problems. As for your education i wouldn't say you're doomed on that either. You're atleast trying by online teachings and such. And there are decent jobs out there that doesn't require you to have all your schooling.
You need to get counseling. They can help you get your life back, and make important choices. Also, you could learn math on the internet! Don't just jump into it though...learn for 30 minutes, then take a 15 minute break, then start again and repeat the process. evenutally, work up to learning for over an hour, without taking a break. And teach yourself how to ride a bike! You will catch on fast, i swear! hahaha. also, if you have anyone who lives around you that is your age, start casually talking to them if you see them outside. just pretend your going on a walk, then when you see them be like oh heyyy! im (name here) and keep talking to them. and dont kill yourself. its not worth it.
Hi Amir.





This sounds very serious. I am a doctor who just started his career and I can give you some advice, but first be very careful with what you read on this site because some of the comments might be harmful to you, especially those who do not take your problem seriously and might give you funny answers, or might even tell you to kill yourself.





You are at the age where a change has to happen. Killing yourself would be the worst possible outcome. That would be very drastic. slow down. Slowly, and with a lot of calm, you will get in touch with a social worker. A social worker is trained to tell you next step to get a job. But before everything, when nobody is around, you will call a suicide hotline, in order to practice your conversation skills. They can give advice on how to get in touch with a social worker, but can麓t trace you or anything like that.





USA National Suicide Hotlines


Toll-Free / 24 hours / 7 days a week





1-800-SUICIDE


1-800-784-2433


1-800-273-TALK


1-800-273-8255





Good luck, and you can email me for a little advice, I麓m not very smart but I at least somebody you can complain to.





Tomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment