Sunday, December 27, 2009

I need advice with my life, Death of dad, bulimia, and boyfriend, please anyone give me some advice?

My dad died six months ago in a sudden ski accident. He and I shared a complex relationship, which lead to my eating disorder anorexia. After he died I restored to bulimia. I have lost 28 pounds since he died, and weigh 88 pounds 5' 4'; right now. I throw up about 5 to 10 times a day, and it is out of control. I am fragile, and my personality seems quite numb. I have a knew boyfriend, and we have been dating for two months. He says that he loves me and that I am really special to him, but he never calls and seems to think about himself too much, but he is a great guy and is asking for my apologies. I can't socialize very well, i get stressed out and have panic attacks. the only person i want to be with is my boyfriend, but I feel like I am the only one reaching out to make the relationship work, and I am easily wooed by his complements and ';I love yous';. Should I break it off with the boyfriend, even though he says he is really in love and promises to be better? should I go to a treatment center for my bulimia. Should I tell my boyfriend about my bulimia? Please give me advice. I desperately need it right now.I need advice with my life, Death of dad, bulimia, and boyfriend, please anyone give me some advice?
I feel that for starters you should step back and take a look at yourself. You need to be in a better frame of mind to deal with your fathers death. As for the bulimia you need to get help. That is a very dangerous condition. And it does not go away by itself. You need a Very strong support system to help you feel better about yourself. And as for your boyfriend. If he doesn't seem to care more about you and he never calls you why be with him. He should be there as the strength in your relationship. And he should ALWAYS be there to give you Strength. And if he doesn't do what you need Ditch him. Now you never said how old you are. So if your under 18 your mother should be told about your bulimia and ask your dr for help. That is where you should start first.I need advice with my life, Death of dad, bulimia, and boyfriend, please anyone give me some advice?
wow


im soo sorry but i dont think i can help u since i never went thru any of that :(


but maybe u should build up a relationship with another girl ur age


someone that u can tell all ur thoughts and feelings


or it can be an adult


just someone u can trust


i wish i can help u


if u want u can always email me at my home page
Yet another person who brings PERSONAL problems into a website where everyone bags on you for doing the exact thing you just finished doing...


Congratulations on wanting un-needed attention...
The above comment was really rude. The problem is that you need attention. I am sorry if the truth hurts, but i think your life has faced some unexpected turns that have had a humongous impact on your personality, and body. I do not think you should be in any type of relationship. First help yourself. Unfortunately, I do not think i or any people who will respond can really give you a great answer. I am very sorry about your dad and I feel that you may need counseling. Many people will say no right away. But, please be optimistic even though you are going through hard times. Do not worry. Your life will brighten up if you seek help. Maybe you could also call a hotline. whatever you do, do not think you are a horrible person who is just seeking attention. You deserve it along with every human being. Just realize that maybe you need to seek professional help because you admit that you have an eating disorder. Just please do not tell yourself that you are fine because eventually you have to be brave and turn your life around.
Hey... Victoria here, maybe my personal story can give you some solace...








a lil about me- about a year after my husband left me and my daughter died about 5 years ago.. I was at a very difficult point in my life, and was ultimately diagnosed with depression, severe anxiety, and panic disorder. I would say that i've always for the most part been a little depressed and had some degree of anxiety, but this just completely tipped the scale. I remember there were days on end I would just lie in bed, and whenever I would be in a social environment my anxiety would go through the roof and I would often have panic attacks. Therapy never seemed to be effective for me, and my psych put me on damn near every med out there. I've been on everything from wellbutrin to paxil, zoloft, prozac, lexapro, celexa, buspar, valium, klonopin, xanax.. etc. Sometimes 2-3 different ones in combo at the same time. Nothing really seemed to work for me. With the exception of some of the benzos (klono./xanax) .. these worked well for a little while, but I grew tolerance quickly, and became highly addicted.





Then one day while researching online i came across this reputable looking website http://www.anxiety.pcti-system.com .. which talked about this program to eliminate your anxiety for good, all naturally. Long story short, I wound up signing up to try it and the program worked amazing.. Not only do I no longer have panic attacks and anxiety gone, but my depression has also seemed to dissipate a little. And I'm currently starting to slowly ween off the meds I'm on. %26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;





I would personally say that possibly the biggest driving factor in all this is OCD. I think obsessing and constantly having your thoughts focused on your own condition and constantly analyzing your own thoughts/actions plays a very significant role in the persistence of our ails. Almost like the condition is a small lit fire, and OCD is the fuel that keeps it consistently burning... Also, I've come to the conclusion that meds are generally a unhealthy short term cure that only semi-treats the symptoms, and never the cause. Hope I was of some help!
ill tell you an important thing to remember. Everyone has problems. Just a part of life. Everyone has to die sooner or later. Its the only thing in life guaranteed that you have to do. But i turn all of my problems over to God the true god jesus christ. Alot of people say this doesnt work but i guarantee you if you open up a king james bible and come to god with a submissive heart he will show you exactly what you need to read and nothing you dont need
I can't give you advice any better than Anonymous did. However, I can sympathize with you about your Dad. My Dad died almost two years ago of heart failure, unexpectedly. He was on a medication that causes heart failure...but that was only discovered two weeks after he died (I'm not kidding it was less than two weeks that it was all over the news).





I haven't gotten counseling and I know I need it desperately. I've been wanting to but the last two years have been a whirlwind. You really do need counseling. I feel like I've been orphaned and that doesn't make any sense because I'm 25. Since my dad died, I've been married and had my first child, a little girl. I cry at least once a week over the fact that I will never see them play together and how much I KNOW my dad would've loved her. I had a complicated relationship with my dad too, we weren't really close up until about 2 years before he died and then we had started talking everyday. It's awful losing a parent unexpectedly. I'm SO SO SO sorry. I know you must have this horrible ache in your chest that just feels bottomless. And on top of dealing with your grief, you are also dealing with a sickness. Bulemia is a sickness, it's not like you're choosing to do what you do.





Please get help for yourself- I think you know your dad would want you to, just like I know my dad would want me to be happy and not cry

No comments:

Post a Comment