Tuesday, December 22, 2009

In limbo...about balancing out my life (school, work, bring a mom....) Need Advice...?

Ok...I'm a new mom to a 17 month old little girl, go to school full time (I am taking 4 classes currently and next quarter taking 5!), I work 50-60 hours a week (because I have to or we wont have a place to live)...I am just very lost. I am so drained and exhausted...I know I can't do this much longer. I am delerious by 5 o'clock everyday...(and my baby is teething which doesn't help on the amount of sleep I get!)





I can't quit my job...and if I drop out of school I will be working my butt off the rest of my life...and struggling. Need advice.......In limbo...about balancing out my life (school, work, bring a mom....) Need Advice...?
You can make it, if you continue to dedicate yourself to it. If you are this close to having your BA, you obviously made it through the pregnancy, working and all the doctors appointments, so yes you can do it.





The great news here, is you're pretty amazing at balancing schedules, so you are great hire for any company looking for someone who can handle stress while doing a high-wire act.





The best advice I can offer (being a guy with little clue about being a parent) is to stick it out, but once you're done, continue to living on your budget the way you have with school and put the money you were spending on school into savings and build yourself a nest egg. Protect yourself against Murphy's Law - because what can go wrong, will. Of course you already found out how much a baby can cost, and no one plans for those expenses (even when they do, they get shocked - I call it baby sticker shock).





I'm not sure if he can help with your specific situation, but someone that can make you feel better, and offer some advice is Dave Ramsey (www.daveramsey.com). He is a master of helping people balance their life and their debts. He will also, let someone know when they are just being a whiny spoiled princess.





It seems as though you have things in order, just going through a tough spot.


Best of luck, lawrenceIn limbo...about balancing out my life (school, work, bring a mom....) Need Advice...?
Very welcome. I think you qualify as struggling to get by 'but you're going to make it.' His spoiled princesses are spending with no remorse or consideration for your future. Report Abuse

if you can't get his radio show, try the podcast, no commercials! He also has a book or two (like you have time to read). good luck! Report Abuse

You can do it!!!!


There are so many ladies I know that have gone through what you are. Do you have work lined up for you when you get through school? I do not know you but I am so proud that you can do all that at once. My two are in their teens. and I have been single since the oldest was three. I now have a job that I can help others which I really love to do.


Keep your eyes on the goal and you will get your prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment