Sunday, December 27, 2009

Making a Life for myself - need advice?

The older (I鈥檓 over 50 and no children) I get-- the more I want to stay home; essentially becoming a recluse.





A few years ago, I was outgoing but moved in this neighborhood about 2 years ago. I know everyone鈥檚 name but I have nothing in common with them. I鈥檓 either to old, young, no kids, too much money, not enough money鈥?the list goes on鈥? I am tired of looking for a friend and don鈥檛 want to spend the effort looking, because鈥?I have found that when you make friends they either leave, die, stab you in the back, don鈥檛 call and if they do they talk incessantly about their problems --problems no good shrink can fix in a lifetime..., and then they don鈥檛 ever ask how was YOUR DAY.





My best friends (one I've known since 3rd grade another for 20 years and both are hundreds of miles from me.)鈥?I want a friend鈥?br>




My husband sees me unhappy and wants me to get out of the house to meet women --what鈥檚 your thoughts?Making a Life for myself - need advice?
Hi There,





I would recommend going to a local church that has a women's bible study during the week. You will find women there from mid-20s+ w/ all sort of backgrounds. Willing to talk %26amp; become friends.





I am 22 %26amp; actually have the same problem. It wasn't tell my friends wedding I went to a few weeks ago did I find a group of wonderful women. Some were married, some single %26amp; the thing was, they listened to my ever word %26amp; than they prayed for me. Then they have e-mailed me %26amp; kept in touch since then. They are sooo friendly.





I would recommend a Calvary Chapel because they are sooo laid back %26amp; not that freaky, controlled church. You can go in flip-flops %26amp; sandles %26amp; they don't care!





-----


Another thing - - - You say you have no children. Have you ever thought or being a Foster Parent? Or maybe volunteering at a local home for abused children. I dunno, I do volunteer work w/ developmentally disabled children %26amp; adults for the past 5 years %26amp; it is so rewarding.


-----





One more thing. I know this is totally lame but... Get a MYSPACE account! Look for your childhood/highschool friends on there. You will be amazed about who you'll find on there. My father is 63 %26amp; has a myspace and my grandpa even has a myspace!! It's not just for the teenagers.





I found people back from my elementary school who have an account. %26amp; It's free. You might be able to join a forum from your community.Making a Life for myself - need advice?
No problem, if you get a myspace, add me!! http://www.myspace.com/elenaishere





best wishes Report Abuse

I would definately start taking dance lessons, pottery classes, oil painting classes...etc.....pick something you have always wanted to do...go take classes...that would be a great place to meet people...you will ultimately have something in common with them and can ease into a relationship with them after you feel em out so to speak

No comments:

Post a Comment