Sunday, December 27, 2009

Need Advice on Important Decision In Life.

Im in rather a tight spot in life where everything seems to be pileing up against me. Alot of jobs are laying off or closeing down around my area and theres no financial way of me moving anywhere else even if there were jobs available. So that added to the fact of I need a big change in life plus help with self discipline and such, I been thinking on joining some branch of the military.Not only is it good for benefits for me and my daughter, plus the pay and training....Id be doing something to help insure the safety and the freedoms we have are still there for our future generations. So Im not being one sided or conceited about it although the benefits and all are a big factor and focal point in my decision. Im so confused on what to do though because I know its going to be tough as hell but I think Im up to the chalange, some of my family are upset and very against the idea, some are ok with it but giveing suggestions on which branch (mainly Im hearing Air Force) and the fact that I want to be able to see my daughter on regular bases once Im able to hire a lawyer to get my visitations. Any advice would be appreciated, and any military people or ex-military if theres any insight you can give, thatd be helpful as well. Thanks.Need Advice on Important Decision In Life.
I can think of no more noble a venture than deciding to serve in the armed forces of the United States. It was for me among the most rewarding and character-developing years of my life. And to be honest, just going in nearly everyone is lured by the security the military offers for their families (medical, dental, commissary privileges, tax free purchases, discounts of all sorts, life insurance and one month's paid annual leave each year).Add to that an education benefit, job training, and a home loan guarantee and the pot is looking sweeter all the time. The main question, then becomes which branch to choose? I was a Marine, but I was not initially a family man when I went in. Being a Marine or a sailor (Navy) involves certain rigors in terms of deployments and travel that would make being a single father problematic. That's also true for the Army. But the Air Force seems to be the most family-friendly, least typically militaristic, branch of the armed forces. Don't get me wrong, they are every bit the fighting force as the other branches, but their core mission is different so their day-to-day-reality isn't so foreign from what you do now. Keep in mind also that we are currently a nation at war, and there are certain realities that come with that, too. It's not just about what Uncle Sam will give you, but what he wants in return, so think carefully before signing any paperwork.


That said, I wouldn't take anything in the world for the eight years I spent as a Marine. I traveled the world, had adventures and experiences that shaped my identity for the rest of my life (so far). It's a good solid move on many levels, and I can certainly see how you came to this conclusion. Talk it over with folks you trust, then consult a recruiter of your choice to see about getting you ASVAB tested. Do your best on this test because it determines your suitability for certain jobs, many of which offer enlistment bonuses.


Good luck in whatever you decide. If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me and I'll do my best to answer them.Need Advice on Important Decision In Life.
you sound like a stand up kinda of a guy.Its good that you are thinking of your daughter.And it will help you succeed in what you want for your future.I say bravo too you.
Well, if you join the military, you are more than likely going to be sent overseas, who knows for how long. On the upside, like you said, it will be good benefits and the chance for paid training and schooling.


But, if you have any schooling right now, some jobs pay for moving expenses if they really want you to work there, so maybe apply for some jobs and ask them if they pay moving expenses if you were to get a job there. The company that my husband started for paid for the moving truck and gas and would have paid for a motel if he would have had to stay at one for the interview.
I would rather be homeless and poor then dead or crippled (physically or mentally). You really think they are going to give you all those great benefits? Heck you would be luck to get an artifical limb if you needed one. Don't buy into that military hype. You can make it even in this economy and you don't even have to put your life on the line or someone else's.





Please don't do it.
Ex-Army, I also work for the government. I say go for it Air force is a great opportunity. Plus when you get out... go for a government job that pays great and great benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment