Saturday, December 19, 2009

Please help, I need some advice on adjusting to new life/social class?

I'm a 22 yr old male graduating from college in May with my BA in Psych. I am planning to get my PHD as well. My problem is that I have issues identifying with my peers. They are almost all high upper middle class and above. I am from a middle class family (my parents both have good jobs, but we just get by) and I have issues identifying with others because of the fact I have never been to a country club, only on a real vacation once (We were an army family until my real dad walked out when I was 9),never went to a private prep school, always worked 50hrs a week since I was 16, and while I do fit in well as far as getting along, I am worried about when I get out of school about how to adjust to my new social class. I have went to school and busted my a.s.s. for all of this, but it seems really complicated and cloudy to me. What can I do? I'm going to be making in the $90,000/yr range and not sure how to make the quickest, smoothest adaptation to this new world.What you think?Please help, I need some advice on adjusting to new life/social class?
Try to adjust as best way as you can, stay grounded and don't let the money go to your head and ALWAYS, remember where you came from.. Most people in our situation always forget that. Live like u alwasy have just a few extras occasionally. you wanted a better life, So live your life dont let your life live you. Trust me i know.. ive been therePlease help, I need some advice on adjusting to new life/social class?
BE YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!


IN ALL OF YOUR STUDIES SOME THINGS NEVER CHANGE


THE ATTITUDE FOR SUCCESS IS KNOWING WHO YOU ARE


AND FACING YOUR PERSONAL FEARS AND HAVING THE


REAL UNDERSTANDING THAT THEIR IS NOTHING NEW UNDER THE SUN. ASK Emily Post (many books on etiquette)


Classes on manners or purchase DVDs for both

No comments:

Post a Comment