Saturday, December 19, 2009

Help! i need advice about my life?

im thinking about taking cosmetology classes but i still dont really know........have any of you took them.......Help! i need advice about my life?
My roommate is a cosmetologist and she says, you have to be really dedicated to wanting to do it. She has a seen a lot of people drop out because they didn't want to do the book work, but there is a lot of info that you need to know before you touch someones hair. Also, the first couple of years after you are done with school don't expect to have a lot of clientel. You have to work for their trust.Help! i need advice about my life?
I personally have not takn cosmetology, but I do have a few close friends who have, and they liked it while they were in school but now none of them do anything in regards to it.





What make you want to take classes for it?





When I started into a JVS school my jr/sr year I took animal care, then when I started into college I took Criminal Justice, and now I had just changed my major to Early Childhood Education!
I did. if you choose to go this route...be prepared. Men in this business make twice as much money as women because for some reason women will believe anything a man tells them and will buy any thing he is selling. It is very frustrating. the only way to combat this is to be the absolute best you can be. Research the product u will be promoting and know your stuff. Be a color expert, learn every thing you can and you will do well..Best of luck to you!
I will be enrolling in an aesthetics course this summer or fall. The thing I like about it that you will know pretty early into the course if its for you ( unlike traditional college where it can take several semesters or even after you graduate to figure it out). I will be going on after that course, and getting certified in Medical Aesthetics, and eventually open a medical spa.


I took me 2 years in the Health care field to figure out that I did not want to be a nurse.


This way if you like it you will be happy and if you don't you wont have wasted too much time.


Ogle is a very good school, and know many successful people who have graduated from there, and it is where I'll be going.


The down side is that it can be a bit costly, but the is financial aid and student loans available through the school, some even offer scholarships! All or most is refundable if you decide it's not for you. I wish you the best in your life and career- whatever you choose

No comments:

Post a Comment