Saturday, December 19, 2009

Life issues. I need advice, real advice.?

right now i'm studying for my last finals of the year, and i can't focus because i have never felt so sad in my life.


for one, my weight is spiraling out of control to the point that I can't cross my legs for more than a minute because my kneecaps hurt. all of the sudden everyone around me's losing weight and i just feel really sad about it and look at myself in the mirror every morning and which i weren't me.


on top of all that my grades are on the brink of falling and i have never felt so pressured to go anything and i just want to give up. i don't even want to study, i just want to go to bed and stay there. and i feel that my family and I are separating slowly, and i don't know how to handle it. i can't tell them any of this and keeping it all up inside it making me so unhappy. for jesus's sake, i'm only sixteen. i'm supposed to be at the peak of my existence, enjoying life and all it has to offer and being successful but here i am, sitting in my room, not studying, i'm just about ready to cry, looking at my flabby arms and i'm nothing like i'm supposed to be. i just need advice on how to cure all this because even my parents noticed i've been looking sad all the time. thanks in advance.Life issues. I need advice, real advice.?
For one thing, you're not supposed to BE anyone. You don't have to live up to other peoples expectations.... but I know, you have your own expectations.


You sound... depressed. But you don't need someone else to tell you that, you know, yourself. You can see a counselor at your school... but I can't vouch for how helpful they really could be.


If you want to be happier, feel happier... you have to think happier. Optimism.


I know, that if you think you can do it, you can do anything. Its all about what you think... mind over matter. You WILL pass your finals, and pass your classes. I know you don't want to study, but think about it... just study, then you'll take your finals and it'll be summer! And then everything will be okay!! You should have a goal in life... even if its like a huge ambitious goal that everyone thinks is nuts, thats okay. Sucks for them they don't believe in it. You can achieve whatever, you just have to try. Which starts by studying so you'll pass those finals.


As for your weight, your just a teenager, hormone malfunctions can happen. Think positive, try to eat relatively healthily, and you'll fine soon enough.


stay cheerie! :DLife issues. I need advice, real advice.?
I know what you mean. I'm going through a similar problem. I've was just recently put on medication for depression, and it made me worse. My suggestion would be to find someone you can talk to about it, because that's what made me feel a lot better. Don't concern yourself with your looks. There not what make you you. It's your actions that make you who you are. So don't worry about it. My suggestions would be to talk to your religious mentor (Pastor, Priest, etc.) because they are not aloud by law to tell anyone about what you tell them. Or you could try your doctor, and maybe he can prescribe some medication that can help you make it through. Your parents are there to help, don't ever forget that either. Study for you finals, and when you pass, you'll feel better too, because stress also contributes to things like sadness.
School always comes first, that should be your first priority! Second, don't worry so much about your appearance, you are beautiful in you own unique way, we all look different and differences are what make us special. Girl! you have all summer break to do everything you have to do. Right now worry about school, keeping your grades up and just being happy. And next school year surprise everyone one with your new self.
First of all don't knock yourself for feeling sad. I know that this sounds like backwards advise but tormenting yourself for the way that you feel will be counterproductive.





Then you have to divide the issues and look at them one at a time. What you're feeling is overwhelmed and that is certainly a normal feeling. At 16 it really does feel like the weight of the world is on you. You will, with time, learn how to confront these issues as they hit you.





Take the top concern for today and face it head on. Then go to the next one. Take it easy on yourself and you will find a way to feel the happiness you are waiting for.
See your doctor. You just stated a lot of items present in yourself that appear on depression checklists. Check it out, please! You are worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment