Friday, April 30, 2010

Stress in my life and managing it...advice please?

I seem to be very bad at managing stress in my life both in the workplace and with people and situations that get on my nerves. I have a heavy profession and have sometimes left jobs due to burn-out or at times take things too sensitively. Now I'm finally (in my mid 40s ) doing something about it by starting stress management classes. These are one to one and will hopefully turn my bad habit around. Sometimes, some friends get on my nerves, one in particular when she criticises things I do in my life. I don't want to fall out with her but I really thing that she does not have the right to criticise my lifestyle. I live a good decent life, am not a criminal, earn my own living and have no addictions. She gets specifically annoyed that I travel a lot (I like it and work hard to afford it) and I often date guys who are lots younger (I look 10-15 yrs younger). How do I deal with this criticism from some people and in the workplace?Stress in my life and managing it...advice please?
Remember where to put the ownership of the criticism. If THEY have a problem with you or something you do and YOU don't, then they own the problem. Do nothing.





If you hold ownership of the problem, then try to figure out a way not to continue the thing that is bothering them and thank them for the advice.Stress in my life and managing it...advice please?
You are starting in the right direction by taking classes. Starting a regular workout routine will help alleviate a great deal of stress. Sometimes when you are trying to better yourself, you kindof have to start over with friends, in particular if you think they are bringing you down. Some peope just get intimidated by success and that may be what is happening with your friend. Tell her how she makes you feel when she criticizes you and if she can't change that then it is time to move on to more encouraging friends. Best of luck and above all, do what you know in your heart is best for you and your sanity!
Dora,good morning. First let's take a deep cleansing breathe.Now that you already start ting to feel better,let us move on. It sounds like you are a woman on the go. Hey it is your life. Live it like you want. If you are happy with it, then that is all that matters. Yes one thing is get a thicker skin.Don't let anyone tell you any different. Remember everyone has an opinion Yes they can say what they want. But being the smart woman that you are, you can just let them say their spill and move on. Just look at them and throw them off and tell them thanks. Don't let them get your goat. (Upset)
Stress management in the workplace is a reality that most of us have to face for one reason or another and coping with it is key to long-term career success





Here are some suggestions for successful stress management in the workplace:


1. Try to address issues that might be affecting your stress level that you might not readily think of, especially the ones you can change.


2. Look for ways to improve your time management. Often, stress is a result of simply not having enough time to complete everything you need to do.


3. Find some sort of athletic endeavor to take part in. I like working out at the gym but you might find jogging, playing squash or taking yoga classes will help.


4. Don鈥檛 neglect your personal life. Remember to try to find the proper balance between your work life and your work outside of work.


5. Carefully consider whether or not you are in the right job. If successful stress management at work is just not possible and if you yearn for your time with a previous employer when things were better, maybe you鈥檙e in the wrong job.





http://www.estress-tips.com/info/Work-St鈥?/a>


http://www.estress-tips.com
Nod and smile. Ignorant people like your ';friend'; should be tolerated but not listened to too carefully. She is OBVIOUSLY jealous as heck of your fast-track life and is trying to make herself feel better by putting you down. Take up ';mindfullness'; meditation for 10 minutes a day. It will help with the stress management and also help you make the most of every minute of your travelling!





Don't let this negative person put pressure on you - find another confidente!
Just go do something you like to do. Play basketball, walk in the park or something.
If your enjoying the life you have, and people criticise it, dont listen to them unless you feel its relevant. I just swtich off when I dpnt wanna hear something thats not useful. Sometimes people may think your wasting your money going on holidays etc. But dont worry as long as you feel you have a healthly lifestyle there is nothing to worry about. Good luck with your stress classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment