Friday, April 30, 2010

Love of my life - College - PLEASE NEED ADVICE?

I have found with no doubt in my mind the love of my life. We live in different states and now i am going to be going down to be with her. At 18 years old I will be needing to go to undergraduate freshman in college. I applied and was accepted into a $18,000 per year college and FAFSA awarded me with $3,500 in loans total. I did make $20 grand last year due to working but now heres my situtation. What sould i do? Marry my love and declare myself as an independent to get more finacial aid? Would i get more? How much more? What i could also do is...not go to school for a year and work to get my self settled in more with a car and apartment....... and maybe build my credit history since i don't have any. Im considered a good student and need advice about what to do with my life .





HELPLove of my life - College - PLEASE NEED ADVICE?
COLLEGE!!Love of my life - College - PLEASE NEED ADVICE?
you're just 18 yrs. old and as you said ,you're considered as a good student. there's no need to hurry about getting married. why don't you finish first your schooling and be stable( of course while waiting for this , you will remain as gf/bf) if your gf really loves you. she will wait for you when you're already prepared for marrying her.
College!!! However, hold off on getting married. Good luck!
Definitely stick to the college plan, because it is SO hard to go back to school after you've done other things like get a job and get bills, etc. I know, because that's what I did. I did a year at university then got a job and took classes part-time, then I stopped going all together. It took me til I was 40 to finally get a degree - I feel like I wasted about 20 years that I could have been earning much more money.





Get your degree, THEN get a better job so you can support yourself and the love of your life. If she's the right girl for you, then she should be proud of your intelligence and willpower and she'll understand that you're doing this for both of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment