Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I think I have committed shirk (unforgivable sin) and can't move on with my life, opinions and advice?

About two years ago I came across the term 'shirk' for teh very first time (eventhough I'd studied Islam at mosque for years). I soon became obsessed and scared about this 'shirk' sin because I never thought such a thing can put someone in hell forever. I was scared that I was going to do it-or had done it in teh past unknowingly.





My anxiety and fear on this matter led to me thinking about it all day. Soon I ,unintentionally, began to get pagan thoughts of worshipping other things and I would cry over it. This then led to me thinking that somewhere ,admist all those thoughts, I had thought one of them INTENTIONALLY. So I was trying desperately to recollect all my many many thoughts to see if I could find it. Sometimes I was so anxious not to think 'shirk' that in the end I did...Two years on I still cant pinpoint an exact thought but sometimes when i was thinking these bad thoughts I felt a heavy and meloncholy feeling in my soul/heart, so perhaps I was doing this intentionally?





My doc diagnosed me with an anxiety disorder and from there I spent two years trying to get help from a mental health nurse, counsellor and some religious...healers?. Before this it had taken over my life and I would cry at school and was scared to do simple things like draw people or objects incase I worshipped them.





Two years on and I still have doubts that I have committed this sin. I guess I'm asking on here because my mum wont help me because shes sick of my problem so I have no-one to turn to in everyday life and my friends dont help either.





I am asking any muslims to come forward and give me some advice or knowledge on the subject that will help me realise it's not my fault - and if you think it is please say so I can move on. I would appreciate advice on how to move away from traumatic experiences if any of you have ever been through one. Thank you and apologies for the long post.I think I have committed shirk (unforgivable sin) and can't move on with my life, opinions and advice?
sounds like the holy spirit is leading you home to the one true God,because you shall know the truth and the truth will set you free. (John 8:32)


open your heart to a love that is beyond all comprehension and recognition, Jesus loves you and he is calling you home.


God blessI think I have committed shirk (unforgivable sin) and can't move on with my life, opinions and advice?
I have good news for you. God sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to take your punishment for you. All your sin was placed upon Him at the cross. He died in your place, the rose from the dead and defeated death.





If you repent and trust in Him , He will save you.
Well you can't go to heaven because the only way to go to heaven is by jesus you must accept him into your heart and he will help you. he will take you out from all your problems but you must trust him.
just relax man


take it easy


mellow out


smoke a fatty


and kick back


all that religion stuff is all made up by humans anyway
Salam





sis go to the ramadan section, theres more muslims there


people here wont give you straight answers





=]
How about you come to Jesus?
shirk means associating some other thing with the God, or Allah. it doesnt mean unforgiveable sin, although it is THE unforgivable sin in islam. any other sin is forgiveable, no matter how big, since Allah says again and again in the koran that He is the Merciful. if you have done it, just repent and never associate anything else with Allah. remember that HE is the perfect One. nothing else comes miles close
I am not a Muslim, but do understand what you are going through. Think of it this way- you can't accidentally commit a horrible and unforgivable sin. Do not bother trying to recollect your entire life story, you will only stress yourself out. This sounds a little bit like schizophrenia, where you are constantly fearing that you are doing something horrible and not knowing it. Just remember, you KNOW what is right and you KNOW what is wrong. Live your life and be happy!
I am not a muslim and apologize for my lack of understanding of your faith but christians also have, in the Bible, what is called the 'unforgiveable sin' and I think you are overthinking the problem. For example how does one 'unintentionaly' commit the unforgiveable sin? In the Bible, those who commited, or seemed to commit, an unforgivable sin were not repentant and worked deliberately and with full knowledge against the will of God. They were not sorry about the sin. They were sorry they got caught. Does that describe you? Not according to your opening question. You are searching to make sure you DIDN'T commit this sin. Only Jehovah (God) can decide who and who has not commited an unforgivable sin. But with such a repentant and sensitive spirit as you show seems unlikely that you are guilty of such a serious offence.





There is also an old saying: 'You cannot stop a bird from flying into a tree but you can stop it from building a nest.' So it is with thoughts. In the Bible at Romans 5:12 it says: ';That is why just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned.'; So God knows we are imperfect and will sin and will sometimes think about things we shouldn't. The trick is to reject those thoughts and not allow them to 'build a nest' in your mind.





Lastly, if you have had to see a health professional perhaps you are experiencing 'obsessive thoughts' which can be fairly commen with anxiety disorders. These repetative thoughts are the result of chemical imbalances in the brain and not deliberate sin. Sickness is a result of the sin of the first man Adam, according to the Bible, but God promises to do away with sickness and even death. In the Bible at Revelation 21:3 and 4 it says: ';With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. And he will wipe out every year from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be any more. The former things have passed away.'; And he also promises to hear the prayer of sincere worshipers as it says at Psalm 102:1 and 2 ';O Jehovah do hear my prayer; And to you may my own cry for help come. Do not conceal your face from me on the day that I am in sore straits. Incline to me your ear; On the day that I call, hurry, answer me.';





I hope this helps relieve your anxiety a bit.
Hi dear I am muslim. just thinking some thing is not a sin. If i think that what is shape of God?, what is he doing right now?. how he lives without wife?. these are all logical questions not shirk. But if I refuse to accept the authority of almighty then it is shirk.


Muslims do shirk as community as they worship their ideals as shiats worship Ali and Husain, Sunni go to graves of saints for their needs to fulfill and their requests to send to God through saints.


so dont worry muslims are not as angles as you think and imagine. being afraid of any thing is psycho problem. Take medicine regularly and try to change your environment. if you have any girl/boy friend enjoy with her without thinking reward or sin. life is to live not just to condem yourself. come on cheer up. I love you and want you to love your self more than me.
You're worrying about nothing. Unless you're saved by the blood of the Lamb of God you're going to hell with religion to make you miserable until you get there. It's one of the Devil's little jokes he plays on people who think they can be good enough to warrant God allowing them in heaven. God says that ...





Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.





The bad news is that you're condemned already but the good news is that Jesus Christ has made a way of escape for you.





Shirk is just thought police for the Moslem religion it's meant to do what it's doing to you. You seem like you still have a conscience - most Moslems just play the game the way most Catholic men do - its just something they have to put up with (their religion). Don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about because I was brought up in that priest/slave religion and as far as I see it's the same only more so in the Islamic religion.





Personally, it sounds like your religion isn't doing it for you. Try accepting Jesus as your Saviour. What have you got to lose at this point? If there's nothing to it then .... nothing will happen but if there is then your mind will be at ease.





Php 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
The entire dictum of 'shirk' is pure nonsense. It was invented ( among many other things) by an illiterate man to control his followers. There is no spirituality or knowledge behind it. YOU ARE FINE, LIVE A LIFE AS YOU PLEASE AS LONG AS YOU DON'T HARM OTHERS! NOW THAT SHOULD MAKE FEEL BETTER THAN MOST MUSLIMS.
I have committed shirk too.I have a terrible thing that I have done that I can't forgive myself for. I am just like you. But the only one who can't forgive me is me. Rest assured Allah and God knows only forgiveness and loves unconditionally. So be at peace. You are not alone.
You're beyond help.





HAVE FUN IN HELL.





Just kidding. What I meant to say was UR GOING STR8 2 HELL!!!!1
Don't worry about it. God doesn't exist and there is no after life for you to be punished in. Just live your life to the best of your abilities moving forward and the life that you do have will be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment