Friday, April 30, 2010

I need advice! Where is my life taking me?

My fiance and i just moved to my home town for employment. He actually took a plumbing position for my father. Of course with our luck, things are not working out after only three months so we decided to move back to his home town where we have lived for the past three years. I thought moving to my hometown was the path we were supposed to go down. Now I feel lost and I don't really know what to do. We got out of our one year lease in my hometown, but have not found another apartment to rent in his hometown. I feel like we have reached a dead end. This was supposed to be the beginning of a new life for us. I don't see any real potential in moving back to his hometown because there are not any really good jobs available there. (I have an associates degree in Accounting and am working towards being a CPA and he has no formal education except for high school. I have told him repeatedly to go back to school, but he doesn't know what he wants to do. He thought plumbing was it for him.) Are we meant to be together? Are things really supposed to be this hard? Am I always going to feel so lost? Any input would really be appreciated!I need advice! Where is my life taking me?
Yes. Just come to a mutual agreement. Things will work out fine.I need advice! Where is my life taking me?
Well, things are hard for most of us. But sometimes we tend to make them harder by making bad choices. Obviously you have just recently made at least 1 bad choice. Either moving to your hometown to begin with or moving back to his--at least one of those decisions were wrong. Probably both.


It may not be so much that life is not working out for you, than you are sabotaging an already stressed situation.


Neither of you have a marketable skill- so that makes job good opportunities fewer. If you can find a job--hold on to it until something better comes along. But you need to figure out how to ';know'; its better before you jump to it. Higher pay does not always mean better.


Probably both of you going back to school is a good thing. But even then..if you major in something that is not in demand then you will be educated and still in a hard spot. One overlooked place for men especially is the trades/crafts type- like plumbing, or a/c maintenance, or heavy equipment operations. There are schools all over this country-- and they have student loans available.


In the situation you are- you can not affords to make more mistakes. Figure it out- AGREE on it- and do it.
Hmmm...interesting.I'm in a similar situation.





we lived in Sherman, TX for three years. We moved up this way because my husband was laid off from a very good position.


We are now living in his home town. There are no jobs here. We have four kids. There is no college in this immediate area.





We feel lost too.





We are having to stay at his parents' house. We were only supposed to be here for two weeks. It has now been five months.





We have one car. It gets about ten miles to the gallon. No money. My husband is waiting on the manager of Wal-Mart to call him back for a job.





He was a Director if Information Technology at a rate of $70/hr. We had brand-new vehicles, clothes, goof-off toys for the kids, a four bedroom 3200 sf home, a theater room, money to burn.





Now we are on food stamps.





I decided to say, ';Forget this!';





I enrolled in back in school at 28. My classes start on Thursday. My husband is taking the same classes so we don't have to buy but one set of textbooks.





I'll miss the first few classes. He is going to ride his motorcycle all the way to the college and take notes for me. Besides, not only can we not afford the fuel, it costs $20/day for my daughter to go to the daycare beside the college.





I have like $.30 to my name.





I have thought the same things that you have?





Why in the hell is this so hard?





Why does it look so easy to other people?





Are we really that irresponsible to have ended up in this position?





Are we ever going to get anywhere in this life?





I look at other people. People that had dreams,too. I see them everywhere. People in their fifties and sixties that have never had anything. They drive their old dusty cars, their kids are in prison, they've never owned a house...


And I wonder if they had the same dreams. If so, what makes us any different from them?


Where are we failing?





Will we end up that way, too?





I just know that life changes so fast. we have to set goals and STICK to them.


We can't get sidetracked.





I'm GOING to finish this degree. I'm going to check it off my list.





Just do like me, and do what you can. We aren't alone!








*Listen to Tortuga Tom. He is actually right.





Move somewhere. Anywhere. I'm 800 miles from my hometown.


I plan to retire in Wimberley, TX.
Pfft. What are you guys, like 20? The question should be not where your life is taking you, but where YOU are taking your life. After only three months, and giving up? Was it really that bad? And will you be going from bad (if it is) to worse by moving back? You can't play ping pong like this. It gets expensive...I know. Been there done that went broke a few times doing it. If there's nothing in your hometown, and you feel like there's nothing in his hometown, what do you do?





Find another bloody hometown where there IS something. Your feet ain't super glued down. Don't wait for breaks, make 'em.
Life usually has it's ways of working things out, it's probably just a phase your going through. I'm sure you'll find the right path soon, stay positive and good luck!


x
  • eye look
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment