Friday, January 8, 2010

I've tried to describe this $80 worst haircut of my life but keep getting advice for split ends...?

My long, very carefully (Kerastace, leave in conditioners, always protected with conditioning mask at the beach) and expensively(!) maintained hair (long layered 12 -18';) was cut in some way that it looks like a roto rooter ate it! I have a fuzzy halo of ends sticking out from the crown down. The salon says its ';layers!'; All that it looks like is a person who doesn't eat right or condition. Is this a style?!! Why?!!! How do I grow out this mess and protect these several vertical inches of ends that snag on everything?!! (How do I stay sane? I am at my wits end - so depressed. I know it will be years...)I've tried to describe this $80 worst haircut of my life but keep getting advice for split ends...?
You sound like you are in the same situation as me. Is your hair straight? Is it fine in texture? It sounds like the hair dresser cut your hair with a razor or point cut the ends.Let me tell you,A hair dresser used a razor on my hair without my permission and ruined all of my long hair. My hair was way to thinned out and it had pieces sticking out that gave my hair a frayed look,it looked like some small animal had been chewing on my hair. I had to wait almost a year for some new growth and then have all the old hair cut off.The girl did a cr-ppy cut also,then I waited a few more months to go to another salon to have that cut fixed. That girl did exactly what I told her not to do. She point cut my layers,once again making my hair to thin and stringgy,has some pieces sticking up,not like the razor cut,but it is still bad. I hate it and I'm really depressed. I don't plan on letting anyone touch my hair for a long time. If you think you might be able to trust another stylist maybe wait a couple months and then have some of it trimmed off. You have layers ,but then there is shorter hair in the layer,those are the hairs that stick up,right? Tell them to cut it with regular scissors, NO RAZOR,NO POINT CUTTING, NO TEXTURIZING SHEARS, all those things can ruin your hair. Sorry this happened to you. Good luck P.S. no one above me knows what they are talking about. I highly doubt that your hair looks like that becuase you don't know how to style it. I know how to style hair and layers,it looks bad no matter what I do. allot of stylist these days are so ';texturize'; happy and it looks like SH-T. You can have layers that blend without texturizing. I've been trying to get my hair to look like hair for almost two years and they keep screwing it up. Believe me I have cried many times because of this.I feel so bad for you, I know exactly what your going through. Just keep trimming it and use products that will smooth some of those hairs down. For example (Matrix Sleek in the orange bottle).I've tried to describe this $80 worst haircut of my life but keep getting advice for split ends...?
I have gasoline and matches.





Do we use them on your hair of your hairdresser?





:::::One hairdresser, up in smoke:::::





Go to a different salon and tell them you want it unfrizzed.








:::Gets a fork... hmmm, this hairdresser tastes like CHICKEN!:::
For frizzy hair I use 1 Tablespoon of Pure Aloe Vera Gel mixed with 1-2 drops of Jojoba oil. Put it on sopping wet hair and leave it. You may have to try different amounts for the ingrediants to find the right combination for you.
Sounds like the stylist ';texturized'; you. Often, a stylist will see someone with long hair and either think or are told that the client wants body, but wants to keep the length. In order to acheive the body, they cut layers into the hair so it isn't weighed down by all the hair being one length. For someone like you who probably isn't used to styling their hair (I'm talking mousse or gel, teasing or flatironing, and then finishing with a wax or pomade), that might be why the layers look frizzy. Layers are great, but they require styling, like round brushing and using a styling wax or paste to make it piecey and chunky.





My advice would be to go back to the salon, ask for the stylist to recut or reshape the hair. This will require cutting off length, but that's going to have to happen if you want to minimize the layers. I had to do that when I had a similar cut. It looked great on a friend, but not on me. I took off several inches, cutting the length up to the third longest layer so I could just let everything grow out together. Either that, or you'll have to let the top layers grow out and get just the ends trimmed regularly to allow the layers to catch up.
If you've got split ends you need to get your hair cut more regularly %26amp; get a new conditioner...
girls and their hair
Go back and insist that someone recut it at no charge. Freaking ridiculous! Please do not eat the $80.
try taking some prenatal vitamins it will make it grow faster and be alot healthy strong and it will not be fuzzy at the end. carrot oil is good for your hair. FIRE your hair dresser! good luck
dont get depressed.massage your scalp with wheatgerm oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment