Friday, January 8, 2010

I am so depressed and hate my current life.. i need your advice please?

i am stuck in the biggest rut in my life (it's a big **** hole, actually). I am 34 and single...live n nyc.....work as a secretary. studied art and acting in school -- but failed so now i am a loser secretary. i wake up everyday dreading the day. go through the day angry and upset. go home tired and watch TV. go to bed -- can't sleep because I am upset about my life (contemplate death). get up and start the next day the same way. i am seeing a therapist but it hasn't helped (just expensive). now the economy is **** so i can't take any risks (and i am supposed to now feel happy for the bad job i have). I don't know what to do. i can't live like this anymore. can anyone relate? i need some serious advice, please. what can i proactively do??I am so depressed and hate my current life.. i need your advice please?
Can you get a puppy or a kitten? Sorry to hear that you are so depressed. I suffer with depression as well and am now finding that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. If therapy isn't working than try to switch doctors. I don't know what I would do without mine. Best of luck...I am so depressed and hate my current life.. i need your advice please?
Get another job if you hate yours. True depression makes you unable to move. It makes you feel like you have the flu and lasts about six weeks. Dark chocalate, walnuts will help. Keeping a journal of the good in your life and being thankful. Choose your friends wisely as you become like them. Best of luck.Sunshine helps.Life changes.Do something different and new.
go to a club, enjoy life, find an adventure of some sort, change something. you have a weekend, right? so go to another town, walk there, look at people, find out how they live. or may be go to the seaside of you can afford or to the countryside. just change places when you can and you'll see the difference soon. may be try to change your appearance, cut your hair or color them, change your style ouside you job. meet new people, get a hobby. may be you're good at designing clothes or jewelry. do it for yourself to find out.
A good idea would be to travel, go somewhere, by yourself or with a friend, it ould be so interesting and would make you happy, and usually everyone thinks of a vacation as only somewhere hot with a beach.. you should try someplace really cool like Japan, Tokyo! maybe china! somewhere fun, just take a break and see how great life is! try saving up for it!
I can really relate to you except the only difference is that I'm 15, you can join a gym? excersise relieves stress or buy a dog. Go visit your family members, if you want a bf just be more social, i know it's easier to say than talk. I know it's hard to open up the one you like but you just have to. peace
ur feeling sick coz u gave up on ur dreams perhaps coz of job security or other problems..now its affecting u..


1st...get urself out there even if its the hardest thing to do..u need a friend preferably a lover...otherwise ur gonna get all fuxked up in the head.


2 in the long run pls follow ur dream..acting or watever..u have to love wat u do


3.u will be happy dont worry things will be fine...everyone gets fuked up sometimes
i think you need a friend. friends can actually improve your inner happiness. you should think about getting a boyfriend to spend some time with.
Have you spoken to friends or family? Talking to someone does lift alot of pressure. I couldn't advise you on anything but really hop you overcome this. I am 26 just turned with a 3 year old son. I am self employed and have gone through very very depressing moments, i lost one of my businesses through the credit crunch and wouldn't tell anyone about my debt which kept on mounting up.


I opened up to a few people and its amazing what talking to someone can do, even just you writing it on here.


There are ';free'; groups and helplines that you can get in touch with, try googling them and there are even forums where you can meet friends and share problems.





Keep your chin up and maybe try a new hobbie or a career change, as this might lift your spirits,





Fingers crossed xxx
Firstly, loser secretary? Don't be so down on yourself. If secretaries were worthless, nobody would have them. You're a very important part of your job or else they wouldn't have hired you. I'm an administrative assistant (glorified secretary) and let me tell you, if I suddenly quit, everybody at my place of work would be helpless.





Secondly: You said you have seen a therapist but it didn't help. Did they offer you advice? Did you try it out? Why not try seeing a different therapist if you don't like this one? And try to be patient, therapy is not going to magically ';cure'; you, but help you help yourself.





Thirdly: You say you go home and do nothing but watch TV and go to bed. Maybe you should try and do something productive with your free time to boost your self-worth. You say you're in New York, I bet there are soup kitchens you could volunteer at, or children's hospitals that you could go to and read to sick children. You could even look into animal shelters in the area and see if they need help feeding and caring for neglected animals. I personally help out at a homeless cat shelter and it's extremely gratifying.





Lastly: You say you studied art, did you paint, draw, or otherwise create? Have you stopped? Maybe it's time for you to get out the canvas again and work at it. Paint your frustrations, try to get them out of you.





If you're contemplating suicide, there could be a deeper problem here that goes beyond being unsatisfied with your life. Has your therapist ever recommended anti-depressants for you?
I'm so sorry that you feel so helpless. You say that you studied art and acting but failed??? Just because you were not able to make a living at art or acting does not mean that you cannot still enjoy those activities as hobbies. Just because you have a job that you do not find fulfilling does not mean you cannot enjoy life. You should find activities and interests outside of work. Once you do that, I think you will find that you will meet people with similar interests and will make friends.


If you are truly contemplating death and therapy is not working, I would suggest finding a new therapist. Give it time and the right therapist, and the therapy will help.
The answer is obvious to me...





(Suddenly I put you into a hypnotic trance, and these words are now commands instead of just suggestions...)





';Learn How To Play Guitar!';





It will open up a whole new world for you...trust me...





(Also...if you've never tried recreational drugs...they've gotten better over the years...you might want to try stepping up those a touch...also..learn to play ice hockey...or roller skate...in the Diary of Anne Frank, she stated that the cure to loneliness is to ';go outside...';)





This is your lucky day...now when I count to three, you will wake up and learn how to play the guitar and become a rock star...one...two...three...





';Snap!';
I feel the same way.





I constantly feel worthless, and I know I will be a failure.


times every other problem in my life.








So basically, I feel you.








Make a myspace or something. Meet someone.





Not all hope is lost.


Whenever I plan out my suicide, I'm easily distracted by the things I have yet to do, and I'm so excited about these things that I become sidetracked.





For example, do you want to have kids?


Get married?








Look forward to these things.


Take life as a joke, and do everything you can to live it to its fullest.
If your therapist isn't helping, get a new one. Now there's a difference between making you uncomfortable with a sense you're getting somewhere, that's helping. If you're not getting anywhere after the first several sessions, think about switching to another, it's all about finding someone you can work with.





At the point in my life where I felt most lost and trapped, I felt something pushing me to start taking risks I would have never taken before. Then I decided to live as if everything in my life would make sense when I looked back on it in the future, rather than getting PO'd about how I couldn't see the sense it made. It took about ten years, but I managed to finish two degrees and get married. Oh, and I'm happy now.
  • baby sunscreen
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment